Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Closet Transformed

This winter has been one of complete reorganization. Starting with my home studio, moving to the laundry room, the kitchen drawers, my personal closet, nearly all of these catch-alls are showing my touch. I think? the last of these is the large closet downstairs. A major catch-all for everything, I decided it would be better put to use for storing art. 

I brought my idea to my dad who has the talents of combining both scientific mathematical skills with creative ones. He thought it doable and I sent him my specifications (hopefully correct measurements, sitting up above the ground (in case of unwanted water), dividers to keep artwork upright, and carpet to protect frames as they are slid into place). This last weekend he brought the piece over and installed it.

And I have to say it's perfect! I'm quite excited to fill it with all of our mat board, foam core, unframed and framed artwork and photographs. But first, I'm inspired to patch the holes and paint the walls (is that really necessary for a closet?  will the artwork even know/appreciate this extra touch?)... and thus I feel the dishevelment in the outlining rooms will need to wait a bit longer until this inspiration is laid to rest.....

My dad on top of the backside of the cabinet -  he created 2 pieces
(currently face down, side by side)  in order to fit through the closet doorway.

He then screwed the 2 cabinets together in the back so
that the entire unit would be one.

Lifted and pushed back into place, my husband and dad put
the finishing touches also into place. Okay, artwork, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment