Thursday, October 18, 2012

Checkmarks, highlights, circles and more

The list of paintings and their newly titled patterns
 I wanted to share the visual process of what I had just completed the other day at exactly 12:00 noon (the timing of it's completion couldn't have been better!).  It was quite a process, but one I enjoyed and found immense satisfaction in. 

The completed list includes 25 oil paintings and 53 different patterns. Some of the patterns stand alone under each painting, while others coordinate with others from the same painting. And I was reintroduced to still others that are a possibility of becoming a new addition to my portfolio down the road.

The end result, not only of the visual portfolio I'll have in hand to show and tell, can also be found on my computer. My organizational skills (thankfully!) showed up for the job and I love how easy it will now be to find what I need. There was a short time ago when this was not the case due to perhaps laziness or the desire to not be at the computer any longer than I need to be or the molehill that had grown into a huge mountain of undertaking! (case-in-point: the green highlighted titles above - the patterns I remember so clearly creating for each where missing in action! I did eventually find them.....)

I also found I have learned a ton about creating these patterns since the beginning and found that some of my earlier original files needed some TLC. All in all, it's all coming together. With this part near completion, updating my website to reflect all 53 possibilities is now on the to-do list  :)  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment