Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Remember when?

My home studio office was originally my dear husband's office. When I moved in with him 8 years ago, I also slowly moved into (t)his space and have plugged away at making more room for my ideas while gently moving his various photography-office-y stuff out. (Though it may sound like it - fret not - I did not kick him out! and besides he now has an even better office space that wouldn't be if it hadn't been for this slow progression of process.)       :)

There have been 2 very large pieces of furniture in this room that I have been itching to move out. The moons must have been alined the other day because I approached him with the idea (again!) and lo and behold! the so very long cabinet (though awkward, was surprisingly workable in weight) was moved!

And with the movement came the reminder of what the room was colored in awhile ago (as my sister and weren't able to move the cabinet we just painted around it). So this morning I applied the first coat of "Berries and Beans"over the unappealing grey-green and can hardly wait 4 hours to apply the second coat.

I have a plan as the last and final extremely large piece of furniture (my desk) --though it will not leave the room-- will have at least a new position due to the purchase of furniture sliders. I'm excited to move things around making room for more surface space for me to work upon......

No comments:

Post a Comment