Monday, September 17, 2012

Painting Fingers

Having been told from my abstract painting instructor to bring larger canvases to work on the next time, I decided I would bring them with the foundational layers of paint I normally work from. I set up shop on the floor of the porch and laid out 3 purchased canvases ranging in size + 3 pieces from my collection of wooden doors.


All ready to go!

It was not long before I had what I thought enough to work from on each of the surfaces.


Golden Fluid Acrylics and Mediums are what I use for this step

 My largest stretched canvas is 24" x 30". My fingers found it quite different to paint on canvas as they're normally used to the unforgiving wood.


Barefoot and paint - it doesn't get any better than this!

I had pulled out the last 2 pieces of the blue door I had found down an alley in St. Paul years ago. I'm curious to see how this format (primarily that of the frame-like border that goes around) will work with abstraction upon it..... 




I'm especially drawn to the 10" square canvas I started......




 The true test of fun that was had - paint covered fingers and hands!




Stay tuned for my next post on Day 2 of my abstract painting class. I'll take these surfaces, now primed with my paint and fingers, and build layers of oil, abstractly of course, upon it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment