Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I've had an idea....

Duke Ellington once said, "I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues." This is one of my favorite quotes and one that I try to keep in mind more often than not (though easier said than done at times!) when I feel the urge to feel sorry for myself...

During these last few months, my creative ideas have been percolating around in my mind, coming out only a step at a time, as the healing process (in my arms) allows.

The other day I was ready to try the next step to an idea I've had. Painting on fabric - specifically a lovely hemp silk blend (in keeping with my desire to be sustainable) with a delightful texture and weight. Granted this is the first draft, but I am excited by the results and possibilities. Plus, it was fun to do (which is always a plus  ;)  )! So stay tuned and we'll wait and see where the next tweaking of this idea takes us....

No comments:

Post a Comment