Thursday, February 17, 2011

Unexpected eye-candy


My grandparents were avid birders and I, at a young age, connected birding with the retired and/or the elderly! Oh dear, I now stand corrected!
As I don't consider myself elderly and I certainly haven't retired, I have, over the recent years, found unexpected inspiration in these fine feathered friends outside of my studio and home windows. The layering of feathers and the miniature texture and details throughout their little bodies... are all so inspiring to me. Not to mention they exhibit such personalities!

The picture above is one my husband took on our recent trip to Ecuador. I absolutely love his eye! and find his work (in addition to the subject matter) very inspiring....

1 comment:

  1. I understand that very few of his images are found without your help! :-)

    ReplyDelete