Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So many layers!

My husband and I returned recently from an amazing trip to Ecuador. The first half of our trip was spent in the rain forest near a tributary to the Amazon. It was here especially I marveled at what it is that I'm not able to see, but that is able to see me. Above is a picture I took where this is summed up perfectly. Perhaps you can see him/her? It is slightly to the left of center.....

The magnitude of the layers that where all around me no matter where I looked was so very inspiring. I could have easily sat in one spot for a very long time to just observe all that was in front of me - that in a glance wouldn't have been captured in my gaze (and then maybe not even!) unless it hopped, crawled, leapt or swung.....

Stay tuned. I'm working on organizing my photographs from this trip and am looking forward to sharing more....

No comments:

Post a Comment