Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm feeling the bug....

Up until now I haven't had much of an urge, desire to be inspired by the seed catalogs that have come in mail. Well, that all changed when my co-worker shared the "Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds" catalog with me the other day. What a glorious catalog to behold! and one that has a story that is inspiring in all of it's own..... Oh, what to purchase... Which would be more inspiring? Would it be the Moonshadow Hyacinth Bean or the Gherkin Spiny Burr (gourd shown above)? though perhaps the Delica Thorn (also a gourd (yes, I'm a sucker for those gourds!)) would be..... Hmmmm.... such choices there are! I definitely think the Tassel Flower (aka "Flora's Paintbrush" in Victorian times) would be a nice addition to my summer bouquets... Such a decision will need to be as the greenhouse at the farm is gearing up for the season.... So stay tuned and we'll both see what sprouts    :)

On a side note, I would love to travel and see the 'Seed Bank' in Petaluma, California. What an amazing place it sounds to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment