Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Wonder of Wax

I realized the other day the amount of 'wax' I have going on in my art right now: the 'wax sealsignature I sign my work with, the 'cold wax medium' I use on my oil paintings over the varnish, the 'paste finishing wax' I am using on my hand-finished frames, and last, but not least, my latest exploration into the world of 'encaustic painting'. Curious at first, yet so right it feels, for my work to include this natural wonder in whatever it's form....

As you may know, beeswax is a natural wax produced in the bee hive of honey bees. It has been around and used for any number of purposes for over a thousand years. We are very fortunate these little worker bees are still around. They do more than make the world go around..... Thank you wax-making bees!!


No comments:

Post a Comment