Friday, January 22, 2010

Bugs, bugs and more bugs!

I was recently introduced to the artwork of Christopher Marley and am completely taken with his story and that he creates art using bugs.... though actually they are art in and of themselves with all of their shapes, colors, textures and patterns (but I'm guessing he already knows this as this is most likely what has drawn him to do what he does).

Personally, I've always liked bugs (my dad built me a 'bug house' when I was little - it was where I could put all of what I had found inside a miniature world that I had planted and cared for) and I am always excited by the possibilities of coming across some strange and unknown creepy crawly when I travel. I'm always the one looking for and even wanting to touch what I come across (though perhaps not always the safest thing to do as I found out on our recent trip to Costa Rica). Regardless, I am fascinated with them and appreciate the approach Christopher has taken. Check out his link: http://www.formandpheromone.com. "Center of Focus" and "Carnivorous Plants" (both found under 'Artwork') are my favorites....

No comments:

Post a Comment