Monday, January 18, 2010

Acrylic painting at Work

This is just the beginning of what I am working on at the farm. I'm delighted I can share my passion for paint and color with the staff and the visitors. The completed piece will showcase a medley of vegetables over the doors to the 'Harvest Kitchen'. I've started with the warmer tones and will then move onto the greens, following with the stems to all and then the banner that is overhead.

It's been quite some time since I painted exclusively with acrylics. They are so different than oil; I notice it especially with the layering of the pigments and the drying time (how quickly it dries!). Overall, it has been an extremely satisfying project - I'm eager to continue.

P.S. I couldn't help but think of my previous post (January 2nd) as I painted the onion - quite timely, I'd say....

No comments:

Post a Comment