Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Painting Dreams

I feel like this last week I have been dreaming a lot about painting. Applying color in a loose, yet controlled manner, showing strokes of the brush and layers within it all. Despite these visuals running through my head, I have yet to spend some time with the oils. I'm not worried and feel no hurry as I know when the time is right, I will. I love this lack of pressure!

In the meantime, I have been working on a project at the farm. Perhaps you have seen the tree I designed and painted a couple of months ago? It's part of the stage for the puppet shows we have. It's about 8' tall....


Now that winter is officially over, my tree needed it's leaves for May's show. And this is where the dreams of painting seem to be coming out. Below are the 3 pieces (the one in the very back, primed white (kinda hard to see?) is next in line). The 2 in the foreground are ready to be installed. I absolutely love this green!


Oh, and how I love the texture and layers. It was so very satisfying!! I'm looking forward to painting again tomorrow.....





No comments:

Post a Comment