Friday, November 11, 2011

The next step

There is progression found everywhere. From sunrise to noon to sunset, from the bud of a flower to the flower to the pod, from buying groceries to fixing a meal to eating... Nothing is the same from moment to moment as each being/experience follows it's path of life.

I think the same goes for a series of artwork. The creation process also follows a progression. What has been discovered and learned in the past will dictate what step comes next in the future. I love the lack of stagnation and this means there are only unlimited possibilities. The only limit is ourselves.

And so I received my order the other day, new pigmented cakes of beeswax from R&F. I have an idea and it involves my tiny little houses and the addition of iridescent pewter, iridescent pearl, iridescent german silver and iridescent brass (which is much brighter than I anticipated, but who knows? this may be a blessing in disguise!). So as always, stay tuned and see what comes next into the world of my tiny little houses  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment