Sunday, September 25, 2011

An introduction made....

in un mondo di fiaba 
(in a world of fairytale)
My husband and I were able to spend a day in Genova, Italy this last month. Walking the character-filled streets we came across Il Vicolo Galleria d'Arte. I spotted a piece (Emanuele's Concerto grosso di Bach) through the window and had to go in.

I realize the image to the left is quite small and therefore certainly doesn't give justice to the piece itself, but it was the closest I could find on the web that reminded me of my recent love at first sight.  Created by the late Emanuele Luzzati I was drawn immediately to the colorful and dream-like state of his work. I was also intrigued by the variety of medium the artist used in one piece.

I do think I need to see the short films he has created as well as the children's books he's illustrated. And I can just imagine the costumes and sets he designed! I'm sure his style was through and through.... He would probably be one of those people I would love to have met....

No comments:

Post a Comment