Thursday, October 28, 2010

New color ~ new studio!

Seemingly out of the blue I found I needed new colors (and they weren't blue!) around me in my studio (located in the Northrup King Building). And of course, once I determined this, I then proclaimed to have this transformation completed in time for the infamous annual fall art event, Art Attack. Really, why would I consider waiting once I decided new colors were on the horizon? So for a couple of days these last couple of weeks I have spent making over the walls inside and out. Oh, it felt soooo good! Now I'm quite excited to hang the paintings (oil and encaustic), my mixed medium pieces, not to mention my textile pieces onto/with this new backdrop. The color on my exterior wall of my studio (a portion of it shown here) is named "spring dust". What a delightful tie-in to my never-ending source of inspirations, the organic world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment