Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The ideal....

From the zucchini chocolate chip cookie recipe to phrases like "....come back for a potholder hug...." -- these visuals of the Kingsolver family's experience have stuck with me after the last page of this memoir was turned.  The idea to nurture ourselves through our choices, creating a lifestyle that supports us on all levels is goal-worthy. Challenging it may be at times, and overwhelming if not taken step by step, day to day balance is where it is at. That's easier said then done though, isn't it?

There are times where I want to live my life more like my painting. When I paint I let go of control, of time; I let the forms and textures guide me. It is here I can get lost and the clock does not matter. Yet I find my hurdle is to be able to break away from keeping house or working or running errands to paint. Why is it so difficult to do what one loves? Thankfully, life is a work in progress. Each day that begins anew gives us another chance. As the last sentence in the book stated, "a nest full of little ding-dongs, and time begins once more."

No comments:

Post a Comment