Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mirror, mirror, on the wall

During the night one night I awoke with the memory of a frame in the garage that had no purpose at the moment. First thing the next morning I pulled it out and took a look. Despite it being dusty and bowed, with loose joints and decorative detail chipping off, I deemed it was going to work. Above you can see the end result (I'm sorry I didn't think to capture the 'before'). The frame showcases one of my Organic Digital Designs (this pattern was derived digitally from the original oil painting, The Hide Shall Seek, the Seek Shall Hide image 28/32). This was on display at my most recent exhibition at Normandale Community College in their Fine Art Gallery.

Materials include: reclaimed vintage frame, digital image printed onto metal, white gold leaf, paint, schlac, mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment