Saturday, December 19, 2009

'Don't crowd the mushrooms!'

This morning I made an omelet (with eggs from the farm) and remembered to not crowd the mushrooms. Having recently seen the movie 'Julie and Julia' where this approach to cooking mushrooms was referenced, I found myself enjoying the memories of the movie all over again as I sauteed. And I swear the mushrooms tasted differently having followed this advice!

The idea of trying a new recipe every day is somewhat inspiring to me. I love the idea (as there are so many wonderful recipes to be tried!), but I really don't think I could not make the family favorites (homemade pizza, quiches, chocolate chip cookies) either.... Though actually according to my family I'm always trying out a new recipe so maybe I'm already doing Julie's story in my own way  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment