Monday, September 30, 2013

Taking a Break

And so it has come to be, where I have arrived at a place in my life where it would be best for me to let go of all the business baggage that has, unforeseen, become an energy drainer, keeping me from doing what I once was able to do effortlessly.

It's curious how this has come to be - so gradually overtime, even unnoticed for the most part, until before I knew it (or was it until I paid attention?), my easy ability to paint passionately, and for myself, without any regard for the business side of it all, is no longer. I've tried scheduling in studio time, painting in the studio I love, but despite this attempt the passion has not reemerged and the arguing with the inner voice continues.

Thus, the following list is the business baggage I am going to take a break from. For by doing so, I will be accepting and embracing the path I am on right now. It is what I want to follow as it is where I will find my ability to tap into the energy of creative expression; to get back to what is in my heart, to the ability to paint for myself, to enjoy the process so much so, I lose all sense of time, myself, and the world around me.

This path is a hiatus if you will, but nothing takes forever  :)
So until next time, take good care - xo


And without further ado, as of September 30, 2013, I am giving myself permission to officially take a break from:
  1. Writing and sending out my e-news,
  2. posting on my blog,
  3. facebook,
  4. plus any other social media I haven't done.
  5. Applications and calls for art,
  6. dates, deadlines,
  7. lists of must dos and to dos,
  8. not to mention anything & everything else I haven't yet thought of in relation to.
  9. What my tax accountant will think of next year when he sees my income for this year,
  10. and what other people will think:
    1. when they look at my new work, 
    2. look at my old work, 
    3. when I'm not applying for shows or working towards shows or in shows, 
    4. if I'm not painting every day or every other day or every week, 
    5. if I'm not marketing or sharing any of my artistic thoughts, inspirations, ideas, progresses with anyone or everyone, through social media or not.
  11. Worrying about what's going to happen to the people who are on my mailing lists during this hiatus 
  12. and worrying about what to do with all of the artwork I've created.
  13. In general, any obligations and expectations that weigh upon my shoulders and fill up my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment