Friday, August 17, 2012

I have an idea.....

And it involves circles of all sizes (even though I started out small to just see where this idea would lead me). After drawing out circles about 2 1/2" in diameter, I got out my jigsaw:


and then I got out my drill:


I took my newly cut buttons and used velcro to stick them to my handles. I then started applying encaustic medium.....


I decided I would try out a few ideas (Tiny Little Houses, polka dots, flowers etc), just getting a feel for what would work or wouldn't. Below shows a few steps into my process:


 Layers of other mediums into it further give you the end result (well, at least for the idea itself - I still have to play around with my idea on what to do with them - stay tuned!)



So have you guessed it? They are buttons! So very exciting, don't you think? I'm quite pleased with the end result and have come away with the conclusion: my Tiny Little Houses don't belong on such buttonscapes but instead in their own landscapes without any circles cut. I love the polka dots and the flowers work, too.... I think it's best to go simple in design for such buttonness, but there are such possibilities within it all yet to explore! I'll keep you posted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment