Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer's Inspirations

Okay, where or where has the time gone? I am finding myself in the middle of July already! There's been soooo much to post and I just couldn't bring myself to take the time to do so until now (instead I have been luxuriously! away from the computer and choosing to instead be out in the midst of it all). So to catch you up to speed, here are just a few of the inspirations (in their texture, color, or form) I've seen in my garden this last month and a half: 

Crazy cool roots!
This garden season (for me) is all about defining (which can also be interpreted as pulling growing things (weeds or flowers, it doesn't matter) and scrapping/composting those that no longer fit into the picture of it all for a given area. I have had to harden my heart, so to speak, to be able to pull the plug on these living, growing green things that I love! But it's all about balance and finding the negative space, the space in between plants can be just as beautiful). And so I was tackling an area that had grown out of control when I gave a pull and a yank and I came up with this handful. The violet appearance above earth certainly didn't reflect what I found connected below.


What in the world?
My husband's son, Art, came across this one day as he was visiting me in the garden. This flat, grey, with lots of long hairs caterpillar was on a rock wall under a bridge in our backyard. It's something I would imagine seeing in a far away place, someplace exotic, instead of central Minnesota. I guess it just goes to show you don't need to travel far to witness such natural wonders. They exist all around us if we just take the time to see.....


Caught
One morning I lifted a pot on the back deck to move it slightly when I spotted 2 tree frogs nestled together underneath. By the time I returned with my camera to capture the romantic spooning they had put space in between themselves. I think they don't seem very happy by the disturbance....


Lovely veins
It almost sounds like something a nurse would say as she is about to poke you with a needle..... This is from an ornamental oregano plant, new to my garden this year. The color and minute detail is incredible! Check out the flower:

Underside/Backside of flower
Frontside of flower

I hope you are enjoying this season as much as I! I look forward to sharing with you what else I have been up to. Stay tuned  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment