Friday, September 10, 2010

See, it's all about the process...

I picked up another book (there is nothing like a book to reinforce a line of thought/possibility/idea), "Printmaking + Mixed Media" by Dorit Elisha (you can also visit her blog here). Printmaking was my focus in college and I firmly feel the approach I learned back then with this medium has influenced my creations today in painting with oil and now in wax. In chapter one she easily sums up the reasoning behind my approach: "Perhaps the best part of printmaking is the process-even before you achieve the final print, the journey there is very satisfying. There is an element of discovery, mystery, and surprise, as well as a great award at the end of the process....once you add other artistic media to the mix, it becomes an endless celebration of creative possibilities!"
What fun it all is!

No comments:

Post a Comment